Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Alton Brown Rocks the Boat



JAMES POULSON / Daily Sitka Sentinel
Charlie Wilber, holding a king salmon, gives a tour of the Seafood Producers processing plant in Sitka for chef Alton Brown, left, and Kristine Kidd, food editor of Bon Appetit.

TV chef takes in Copper River frenzy
SHOW: Celebrity cook preaches sustainability in what we eat.
By MIKE PETERSmpeters@adn.com
Published: May 30th, 2008 02:02 AMLast Modified: May 30th, 2008 02:22 AM
Chef Alton Brown of the Food Network was in Alaska last week taking in the start of salmon season and collecting footage for upcoming shows. He also was taping for an Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute video in Juneau.

~My favorite part of the interview:

Q. What was the most interesting morsel you put in your mouth on this visit?


A. Rockfish! It's bycatch, so it's completely impossible to get where I live (Atlanta). I haven't eaten it a lot -- I'm still learning about it -- but I'm surprised there isn't serious demand for it.
But my favorite is black cod. Good smoked black cod -- there is just nothing like it. So I'm glad I've been able to develop connections to ship great fish like that to me.

~Rockfish and black cod are the best eating. Alton, can't wait to see your show on Alaska's sustainable fisheries!

Full story here:

TV chef takes in Copper River frenzy

1 comment:

Katie Driscoll said...

Alton Brown is in Alaska! AWESOME!