Monday, December 15, 2008

Things Change

Well, I got fired from my new job in Houston today. So it doesn't look like I will be moving there. I was just getting ready to leave when I received an email informing me of my status. I needed to take care of some business here Monday before I left and missed work today. She said I hope it was important business because it cost you your job.


Now I still have stuff in Houston I have to move. And my stuff packed up here in Valdez. I think I will still have my friends bring my big stuff to Wasilla. Store it some place til I figure out where I'm going. I can stay with a friend in Anchorage and rent a storage unit there. It will be easier to get my stuff from Wasilla than Valdez.


I'm dissappointed about getting fired. After the shock wore off I am okay being jobless and almost homeless.

pretty cool

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Bummer, I hope things work out.

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me at Walmart. Guess I was pretty insulated working at Boeing. Opened my eyes. Unions do make it hard for employers to fire you. Keep positive Kath. When 1 door closes...another opens!
Love and hugs...mom

FishTaxi said...

sure wish I would have listened to dad and his words of wisdom about unions.

mom, the areo space mechanics union was one tough union. course, the japanese were not building airplanes at that time.

did walmart fire you? if they did, they made a mistake and lost out.

Anonymous said...

Naw I quit. They would have fired me for my absence tho after a week or so. I was going to quit anyway. Besides...I can't walk!! Doc said I might have torn a ligament. I took the paperwork up to the rehab place. As soon as they do their paperwork I'll start 6 weeks of rehab. Doc wanted to do an MRI to see for sure what was wrong but that's a no no with my defib. Got more pills. Oh well. Drove thru wally world and bought a few things. My very old portable cd player konked out so I had to get another one. It's Xmas!!! Have to have xmas music!! Last night I watched Faith Hill's xmas special and it was great so today I bought the cd. If you can get it...it will remind you of singing around our piano when you were kids. All old songs. Remember...when your luck is down the only way it can go is UP! Things will get better. Are you still in Valdez?? Guess I should have read your other postings. Smile and repeat after me...I will have a HAPPY HOLIDAY! Lotsa love and a really big HUG from your mother. :) :)