Saturday, January 31, 2009

Where the Sidewalk Ends


You have to get this book and don't lose it.
The Loser
Mama said I'd lose my head If it wasn't fastened on. Today I guess it wasn't 'Cause while playing with my cousin It fell off and rolled away And now its gone.
And I can't look for it 'Cause my eyes are in it, And I can't call to it 'Cause my mouth is on it (Couldn't hear me anyway 'Cause my ears are on it), Can't even think about it 'Cause my brain is in it. So I guess I'll sit down On this rock And rest for just a minute…
Written by Shel Silverstein (1930-1999)


2 comments:

DeeDee said...

My favorite..

The Little Boy and the Old Man

Said the little boy, "Sometimes I drop my spoon."
Said the old man, "I do that, too."
The little boy whispered, "I wet my pants."
"I do that too," laughed the little old man.
Said the little boy, "I often cry."
The old man nodded, "So do I."
"But worst of all," said the boy, "it seems
Grown-ups don't pay attention to me."
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
"I know what you mean," said the little old man.

-- Shel Silverstein

Anonymous said...

Nice book, I will get it for Laci,thanks.