Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Truck that runs on Propane

I had never heard of such a thing. I drove this truck when I worked for Man Camp cooking at the KeyStone Grill one summer. Every day, except Sunday, I would drive my Dodge Aries SW out to Man Camp and make clam chowder, baked potatos, corn on the cob and cut up rib eye steaks, salmon and halibut in their commercial kitchen. Then I would transport all this food down to the Keystone Grill, in downtown Valdez, in this truck.


My first day driving this truck to town full of food I looked at the gas tank and it was reading empty. So I pulled into Captain Blows gas station and put $2o in the gas tank. Not knowing the truck ran on propane. I turned the sales slip into the office for a refund with my time card. Thats when I found out this truck runs on propane. The propane tank is welded in behind the seat and the gas I put in the gas tank had to be siphoned out. Potential bomb and I smoked in that truck.


When I saw this propane truck today I took a picture with telephoto. Way far way!

3 comments:

Barb said...

See what happens when you have $20 in your pocket?

Anonymous said...

One day my buddy Bruce put diesel in his BMW. The next day he was driving a Ford Explorer, oops! Jimmy

Kevyn Hagemann said...

Too bad you need to refund your money because of the wrong gas. Well, at least now you know that your car runs on propane. Did you miss your old truck, btw?