Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Interesting Day in Alaska


Lots of action going on at the old Rexal building. Its supposed to be some kind of inside mall. They got all the windows boarded up so I can't see in.







For the first time, that I can remember, Alaska held caucus' all over the state.


When I first moved up here in 1980 I got a job in Kodiak working king crab. At that time Alaska had 4 time zones. On the fish pick line at 4 in the afternoon the radio was announcing that Ronald Reagan was the president when Alaska's polls were 4 hours from closing. Seemed to us Alaskans who was elected president was decided in Iowa.



Now we are only an hour behind Seattle. And if we could get rid of Day Light Savings Time we will only be an hour behind Pacific Time for 6 months of the year.

When I was in in Hawaii it was the first time in my life I didn't spring ahead or fall behind.

Vote for the FishTaxi for President of Time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

President Fish Taxi has a great idea!Are you pro-CST?....the pres. rocks!!

Anonymous said...

It's about time!! Jimmy

Ken said...

Perhaps Jimmy for V.P.?.....YEAH,that's the ticket!!!