Monday, July 07, 2008

Lucky Me

Started a new job today and ran into an old friend. He just happened to spend his 4th of July weekend in Chitina working on his cabin and dipnetting the Copper River for sockeyes. He gave me this smaller than average size salmon thats perfect for baking whole.



I like stuffing the salmon with onions, garlic and lemon. Then wrapping it up with tin foil and baking them whole in the oven or on the bbq.

When you can smell the garlic the fish is done.


Let the salmon rest a bit as fish will still cook away from heat while its still hot. Open foil carefully and the skin will peel away and the fillets slide right off the bone cooked just right.

No picture of the final step because I was too busy eating my first fresh Copper River Red of the year. Lucky me. Thank-you Brad!!

No comments: