Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Best Buns In Anchorage

Hamburger buns that is. Made fresh daily at the Long Branch Saloon. I remember the long running commercials that bragged about the best buns in town. And they were not kidding. Light and airy they hold up to the cheeseburger well. Which was, by far, the best cheeseburger I've ate in Anchorage, so far.


After I ordered mine with fries the customer next to me ordered theirs with a salad. Even though the hand cut fries were crisp and hot the salad looked and smelled good with fresh sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. Next time I'm ordering a salad with mine and there will be a next time.


The Long Branch Saloon sits just off of Abbott Road. Next time your on that side of town and hungry stop in. The cheeseburger, glass of Alaskan Amber and a generous tip came to $20.00.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just my style!!!
Jimmy