Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My new kitchen!

The chef at the NEW Tsaina Lodge, in the Chugach Mountains, called me this morning and offered me the position of his kitchen helper!  The lodge will be open March & April for the fabulous spring skiing season on & around Thompson Pass.  I am now part of a team working a first class ski resort nestled 35 miles from my old stomping grounds, the snow capitol of the world, Valdez.  If I were a skier or snowboarder I would be even more excited than I am already.  I start next week!

This was the job I wanted.  Fun lodge, earning while learning, with a mountain backdrop.  I won't be able to take a bad picture.

The skiing season will be over in time for me to go to my summer job at the best fishing lodge on the Kenai!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kath! I look forward to the pastry pics!
Love, Sue

Randell Jeffries said...

I know, it's a bit late to say this but, congratulations my friend! Good luck! :) Last time I went skiing in Valdez, Alaska, I was with my cousin, Fredo - a big guy, and he barely moved. LOL! By the way, those kitchen stoves look new.