Tuesday, August 30, 2005

North to Alaska!


Even though I live in Alaska, I'm in the South Central region, on the north Gulf Coast. To some people this is not Alaska. The real Alaskans live in the Interior region up north. The FishTaxi loves going into the Interior of Alaska for visits and thats it. Every time I travel up to Fairbanks I think of Johnny Hortons "North to Alaska" that every jukebox in the US should have on it by now.

Going to Fairbanks for my nephew Charlies wedding. Not exactly sure how the FishTaxi is going to get there or back. Flying by the seat of my pants at this point. I wish my imaginary boat had wings.

Packing for moosehunting/camping the first 3 days. Also packing for a week in Fairbanks with the wedding and 5-7 days, more or less, after. I'll miss the rehearsal dinner so one dress will suffice. My favorite dress is my wedding/furneral/go anywhere dressiest dress and it looks good wrinkled.

The wedding will be fun and I'm looking forward to it. My mom & stepdad are flying up from Las Vegas. My brother, his wife and son will be there all the way from Idaho. Hopefully my sister in Anchorage will drive up. That way maybe the FishTaxi can catch a ride with her to Cranberry Road.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

One dress for everything... thats all a real alaskan gal needs!! I hope you have a blast!!!!