Thursday, September 22, 2005

Alaska's First Gay Wedding


In the year 2525
If man is still alive
And women can survive...

Made it to the church with 20 minutes to spare. The gal who picked me up at moose camp had been out fishing in PWS for 3 days. Jackie was on vacation from California and a friend of my sisters. She picked me up on her way back North to Alaska to the wedding. We stopped in North Pole and took showers as it wasn't a grubby come as you are type of wedding. We hardly recognized each other when we were spruced up. What a beautiful wedding and I was so honored to attend. I was treated as the matronly, repected aunt that I am. Can't hide that fact any more. I was in the family pictures. It was absolutely amazing that I actually did make it and I cried. As soon as I saw my brother he made me laugh because I was so happy to see him. We spent what little time we had together. What a great family I have.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I am glad to see you are back... i was worried and missing you too. Did you get your moose?
Very handsom couple....okay they are both hot!

MrsM said...

Welcome back!

FishTaxi said...

No, we didn't get a moose but some friends did that we helped so we got a hind quarter. Making burger & sausage tonight.

The pic is of my nephews. My sister sent it to me and that was her title. They are shaking hands. Cracked me up!

Thanks for the welcome back. I'll be by to visit your blogs soon.