Monday, September 26, 2005

I'm rich!


Not really. Since I don't have a digital camera I'm going through all my old cd pics that I burned on my first personal computer. I took this pic of $5500.00 cash before I counted out $500 and put it in my back pocket. Then I went to see a guy about a `90 chevy silverado 4x4 white 5 speed 6 banger LIFTED! He wanted 6 grand and I'd already talked him down to 55 hundred. He took the 5 grand cash and I drove away in my Alaska dream truck. That was 2 years ago and the thing just clocked over 140,000 miles this past moose hunting season. Barely uses a drop of oil. Its needed the usual maintenance of a used truck like we are looking at putting a clutch in here this winter. A new clutch alone is $500 and luckily we can do it ourselves. Just for liability insurance on it, with no accidents or points against us, insurance went up 2 hundred a year. Insurance company is in Texas. Cable in Kentucky. Thinking about getting a dish and driving illegal.

I admit I was one of those people who never had insurance for, let me get out my caculater, 32 years of driving nurmerous vehicles. I figured I saved a lot of money since the insurance comps never got to extort money out of me. Now I know I'm paying for that BIG TIME! Seems the insurance companies are on to people like me. Doesn't matter I'm a safe, responsible can drive anything, anywhere type of driver. That don't mean shit to them. Now that I'm forced by law to carry the minimum insurance required, I'm penalized for being a safe, responsible type of driver of a number of vehicles. Just because I've gotton away with having to hand them money for over 30 years! If I don't give them lots of money and I get caught driving I'm in big trouble. I know where my dividend check is going.

2 comments:

MrsM said...

We went with out insurance for years too. Then one day about 5 or 6 years ago Marty had an accident and hit another truck. On top of losing his license for three months we had to pay out of pocket to fix the front end of a ford. We hate fords, so that was almost worse than losing his license. We've had insurance ever since.

FishTaxi said...

Yeah, we consider ourselves lucky we had no accidents in all those years. I feel for you having to pay to fix up a Ford.