Sunday, November 09, 2008

Changed My Mind

Had a bad day yesterday. All the pictures/videos I put on my laptop (which has the new Windows Vista operating system) won't cooperate with me. For instance, the video below. The only way I could upload it was connect to the internet directly from my laptop after numerous attempts to simply burn a CD and upload it to my desktop failed. Is it me or is Vista not compatible with XP was my dillema yesterday. Then my laptop got a corrupt file from the picture program itself so now I'm running a scan disk and I hope that fixes it.

I slept on it and changed my mind about pulling the plug on this blog. I'll figure it out and continue taking pictures. Does anyone else have a problem with Vista?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome bach!

Heidi said...

I am glad you decide to keep the blog. Although I don't comment I read everyday!! and Enjoy doing so!!

Yes I have had problems with things that work on XP but not Vista... and with files converting...and downloads going to the wrong spot. I am hoping it is just me, and that I will figure it out!!

Anonymous said...

I fixed the problems with Vista and eliminated it from my computers. :^)

May I suggest a Mac as the next bachx?

RickHap

Anonymous said...

I only have two blogs I keep up on, yours and a friend of mine. I don't have a blog. I enjoy all your adventures and pictures. I have a friend that lives in Girdwood who I hope to visit one day. I have never put a comment in before even though there have been several times I have wanted to. You saying you are going to pull the plug calls for drastic measures from me. I tell my daughter that I am going to see what has been going on in Alaska when I sit down at my computer. It is one of my highlights. You have put 'a little something' in the life of a woman on a small farm in Washington State. Thanks for that and 'Whole Wheat Radio' which I have listened too in the past. I haven't heard much good about Vista. My computer guys told me not to change to it for awhile until they get all the kinks worked out and that was going to take awhile. I'm sticking with XP is serves my minimal purposes just fine. Janine

FishTaxi said...

thank you Janine, Heidi, RickHap and everybody else for encouraging me to carry on.

Whats going on at Whole Wheat Radio? I'm banned so I can't listen any more. Long story.