Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Salmon Patties w/Russian Tartar Sauce

 Main ingredient: my 1/2 pound can of freshpack Copper River Sockeye with Jalapeno.  Tonight I made a quick dinner out of a can of salmon mixing 2 eggs & a cup of Panko into it.  Skin, oil & all.  Every last drop. 

I like making my tartar sauce homemade.  Went to the new 3 Bears out Knik-Goose Bay Rd. looking for pickles.  Must be the Alaska/Russian connection out there as I found Russian Style pickles that are great standing alone & excellent grated into Best Foods mayo for Russian Tartar Sauce.  Zer Gut!
This picture shows the reason I can Copper River Reds exclusively.  Look at all that oil in the can!  Copper River Sockeye (Reds) are the highest in Omega-3 fatty acids.  The Panko is used to soak it all up & the eggs to bind for patties, fritters or loaf at this point.
One can makes 3 adult size & 1 kid size pattie.  With quick white rice & steamed broccoli you got a fast, healthy mid-week meal. 
Salmon Pattie w/Russian Tartar Sauce

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, those patties look good!

Patti