Monday, June 11, 2007

Lemon Tree in Alaska


I started this lemon tree from a seed from a lemon I got from the store in 2001. I remember the year because I had just returned from wintering in Hawaii. The lemon tree I had before Hawaii got so huge I had to give it to somebody with cathedral ceilings.
The leaves are edible. I use them in cooking like lime leaves. Its also fun to grab a leave, scrunch it up, and take in the aroma of lemon. I also do a Lemon Leaf Copper River Red freshpack that when you open the can you see the whole leaf.
This plant will never bear fruit but I will always have a lemon tree in Alaska.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I want a lemon tree, now!

Anonymous said...

I want a lemon tree too! When lemons go down in price I'll buy one and plant the seed. I didn't know the leaves were edible. Learn something every day!

My at&t service is working darn good but Yahoo won't accept my password to get on the family blog. I don't quite no what to do. Seems I always have some kind of problem!

Mom