Sunday, November 18, 2007

Valdez Bound

Put off leaving Anchorage today due to a blizzard. We had great weather and fun at the Wheat Palace though. (I'll write more about that when I get back to Valdez.)

For current Alaska Driving Conditions I go here: http://511.alaska.gov/

This is what was posted tonight for Thompson Pass.

Driving Conditions Difficult

Richardson Highway: at Thompson Pass Milepost 26 difficult driving conditions, packed snow, drifting snow, blowing snow, snow, crosswinds, moderate winds, reduced visibility
Current temperature 25 °, Wind speed 35 MPH, 2.0 inches of snow reported on the roadway last updated today at 8:15 PM

FIVE different descriptions of Snow

I'm going to peel out in the morning.

2 comments:

NT said...

Take your time and be safe. Loved having you here at Whole Wheat Radio FishTaxi...

TC said...

Oh man... I've only ever done Alaska in the summer, and I'm kind of weirdly jelaous right now :)