Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Up in Smoke

Little fire at Tsaina Lodge the other morning.  Luckily, no one was injured or property damaged.  Happened at 7am outside the kitchen door.  The chef, Maxim, left a note on what to do with the pork butts in the smoker. When the breakfast cooks smelled smoke & it wasn't the bacon they found the smoker ablaze.  Thinking quickly they grabbed a fire extinguisher and screamed for help. 

When help arrived they decided to move the burning smoker away from the building and let it go up in smoke.  Photo of smoker by Norma Treat & photo of the note I found in the garbage can & snapped a pic for prosperity. 


kkryno said...

Probe all butts. Hee-hee!

Sorry; my mind just had to go there!

Truly though, glad no-one was hurt. What a sad waste of pork roasts. :(

FishTaxi said...

No kidding! Great fun people & awesome pulled pork sammies to boot.