Tuesday, November 06, 2012

November Fish Fry

New Orleans Style Deep Fried Northern Pike, Halibut & Red Salmon. (Pictured) Cole Slaw, French Frys & King Salmon Hushpuppies (Pictured). Russian Tartar Sauce, Apple Pie ala mode with a brownie for good measure.

The Northern Pike was new to me. We cut it up small (larger pile on right) as its a boney, prehistoric demon monster that we need to eradicate from Alaskan waters. They are an invasive species that are ruining the fresh water habitats. I will be killing as many as I can ice fishing this winter & encourage everyone to do the same. They are not bad eating but not as good as the salmon & trout they are eating.

The King Salmon Hushpuppies were the bread that complimented this fish fry well.

My laptop is toast so until I get another set up I will have to blog from my iphone. Its weird so bare with me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking fish buffet!

We would never have known the difference Kathy. The photos look great. You could make it through the winter using your iPhone.

Patti

kkryno said...

I agree with Patti. The post looks great and so does the fish!

Leslie Lambert Redhead said...

Love your blog! and the food looks good too:)

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Too bad about the laptop but the phone is working well. The fish does look good but I hope you can catch other things than just the pike.

Niki Raapana said...

Best fish fry I've ever been to! The Hush Puppies were gorgeous! Thanks again sister, your'e a great cook, a great hostess and we love you so much. I think the pics and post from the phone look good.