Monday, June 19, 2006

Lake Louise




Three summers ago I was out geocaching. The nearest geocaches to my home were caches I hid. The other nearest cache at the time was off of Lake Louise Rd. 160 road miles away. Over Thompson Pass towards Anchorage. A trip I've taken numerous times over 20+ years and never taking the time to take a 17mile road off the beaten track to Lake Louise.

Mr. FishTaxi and I made a deal that fateful weekend out camping/fishing. We'd hit the Little Tonsina one night and morning then head to the Klutina. Mr. FishTaxi would stay there and fish while I headed to Lake Louise Rd. and find the cache. It was a hot summer that summer and after I couldn't find the cache (still have not found that cache) I decided to see what Lake Louise was all about.

I was flabbergasted first laying eyes on the largest road accessible lake in Alaska. As pretty as Lake Clark where I had to fly in & out one summer to work in a lodge. Soaking my feet in Lake Louise that hot summer day I knew I would be back again and again.

2 comments:

MrsM said...

Your making this geocaching thing sound fun... Unfortunatly I don't have a GPS.

Lake Louise sounds really nice though, maybe a good spot to go camping someday.

Heidi said...

I swear we were at Lake Louise the other day.... but it was out Kink Goose Bay road, in Wasilla??? Next trip north we will check out your lake louise.