Monday, November 14, 2005

Full Moon Arisin'

Its all about the moon in the winter in Alaska.

Thought I blew a rod in my truck tonight. I always think the worst. The racket it was making was heart wrenching. I was parked at work, came out to have a cig break and started it up like I always do. I immediately shut 'er down, sat there smoking and trying not to cry. If it was summer I could ride a bike to work while I was getting the engine rebuilt. My truck is 15 years old with a 146+ thousand miles. I settle down, decide I have to deal with it and go inside to call my mechanic husband. He's in the shower, all settled in, ready to watch Monday Night Football. So I left a message. "I think I blew a rod in my truck. Do you think I should drive it home?" When I called back about 15 minutes later he answered and said he would be down to look at it.

Turned out a rock had hit the fan and bent it. He fixed it enough that he felt I could drive it home. I did and I'm home safe. Happier than shit I bought a Chevy.

2 comments:

MrsM said...

Chevy's Rock. Glad to hear it wasn't a rod.

FishTaxi said...

me2 bossco!

We ordered a new water pump in case that was or could be the case. No biggy. whew!