Thursday, July 06, 2006

Big Bad Burbot


Burbot is known as freshwater lobster. White flesh that we steam whole with garlic, lemon and butter. This bad boys in the freezer to enjoy this winter while reminiscing about Lake Louise.

My sunburnt back is peeling and itching like crazy. Ever get goose pimples on a sunburn? Feels real good. Its taking me a couple days to get aclimated back to Valdez' chilly drizzle. Forcast for the weekend is more of the same. No matter. Sat morn I'm going to Chitina, on the west bank of the Copper River at its confluence of the Chitina River, to visit another sister and niece who are camping there for the summer. I'm bringing them good Valdez water, (all this rain and snow we get) watermelon and cantalope. Yup, barely unpacked from camping last weekend and packing it all up again. A friend is borrowing the paddleboat and going up with her son for a few days. I have to come back Sunday because at work on Monday they are getting new carpet installed and no time off until that major project is done.

Good chance I'll be canning Copper River Reds next week!

No comments: