Friday, July 07, 2006

Picnic Peak




Summer only happens once a year. Alaskans cram 6 months of summer into 3. Once I get my camping gear/galley together its easier to pack up and go.

Friday night at Lake Louise we cooked up shish kabobs with marinated venison I'd cut up and put in a ziplock bag with soy sauce and a spoon of chinese 5 spice before I left Valdez. Something about driving food for miles and miles makes it taste better. Worked so good I'm doing the same for Saturday night in Chitina.

Bringing empty coolers and a picnic basket.

I'll be back Sunday.

~FishTaxi out of town!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Boise! Just enjoyed a 94 degrees day with a wonderful salmon dinner late in the cool of the evening. Its 1am and 75 degrees now. Jimmy and I have been sitting out in his beautiful garden. Can't wait to hear how your camping trip went.
Love you,
Sistah Sue