Monday, July 09, 2007

Fireweed 400 2007


The Fireweed 400 is a bicycle race from Sheep Mountain Lodge on the Glenn Hwy all the way to Valdez. When I left Lake Louise Saturday and turned left on the Glenn Hwy towards Valdez at Milepost 159 the bicycle race was on.
I followed hundreds of bike racers and their crews all the way to Valdez. Some were on their way back by the time I got into Valdez. I snapped a pic of this racer out of my window driving down Thompson Pass. For more Fireweed 400 race photos click HERE.

I saw lots of vehicles last weekend with kayaks and canoes on top but I was the only one with a paddleboat.
Last night the local juvie bear tried to get in the front seat of my truck with an open bag of Tim's Jalepeno Potato Chips in it. THe windows were rolled up and the only damage that was done is the bear knocked off my drivers side mirror. Thats nothing compared to my neighbors small car. The top is smashed in and the bear used it as a slide and wiped out the windshield wipers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like you live in Alaska! Judy gets moose and you get bears. All we get is ants.

mom

Anonymous said...

I did something stupid and now I lost my home page! What do I do to get it back????

MrsM said...

Wow, that's crazy. Your poor truck! haha