Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Great Day Today!


First off today, the Alaska Permanent Fund dividend checks hit the bank for the 70% of Alaskans with direct deposit. This year it was a grand total of $845.76. woohoo! Not the biggest check yet but not the smallest either. Next year they are supposed to get back up to over a thousand.

Another good thing that happen today: I was offered the position at the college that I was hoping to get. Its full-time with great benefits including education. All I have to pay for is my books! I start tomorrow. This is so much better than my old job. I don't have to drive nearly as far. In fact, next summer I can ride my bike. I'll basically be my own boss and independent with a wide variety of tasks. And room for advancement. I find out tomorrow more about the benefit package & from what I hear it has excellent health & retirement. Which at my age, I don't take that lightly anymore.

Other good news is that my mother is feeling much better after her second heart attack in 5 years. Good enough for her to go home. Its been a rough two weeks for her & us as we thought we were going to lose her. So things are looking up everywhere today.

Hope everything is bright in your world, too!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats on the job and best wishes to you and your mother.

FishTaxi said...

Thanks Heidi!

K said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing better, my dad went thru one of those last year; it was awful. Great news about your new job though. Health and retirement sounds like they may pay for a fitness club membership, that would rock!

Niki said...

Great news! Sounds like the perfect job for you. Just in time for winter, too.:)