Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Kathy Quitz

Getting a bit chilly in new Alaska lately. Have to leave for work earlier to warm up my old Chevy truck. Its cold blooded and 15 years old so I baby that baby. Let her warm up for a good 5 minutes before she dies when I take off. So I give her a few more minutes and then shes ready to move. Takes 5 minutes to drive to work. Two stop signs on the direct route. Sometimes I do a flyby pass the Club Bar, the harbor and the brand new ferry dock on the way.

My job is going great guns. They give me free rein and I've got enough to do to keep me busy for 8 hours. I have a reputation of being Kathy Quits to some people. Its true, I've quit quite a few jobs. I have a mind set that if enough things happen on my list of reasons to quit, I quit.

Simple as that. I gave this one (so called good) job a year. I quit on the very day that year anniversary came up. And I'm glad I did. I'm always glad when I quit a crappy job. Never look back. Its ironic as I just found out my former employer has now lost the contract and they are all out of a job. I think it looks better on your resume to quit jobs for better ones than to hang on to a sinking ship.

I looked at my blog tonight at work on DSL. It looked like crap. The layout is different. I didn't like it and I don't know what to do about it. I have been messing with the settings. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

MrsM said...

Your site looks fine when using firefox but I checked in internet explorer and the sidebar fell to the bottom. I would go to the blogger template page and pick a new template, save it and republish, then go back and pick this template again. That should fix it. I use the same template for my dads realestate site and it works fine in both programs so I'm thinking when you put in your links you must have tweaked something. Either that or its that weather thing you have. If you want a new link code you can right click on anyones blog, hit "view source" and borrow their link code. If you need help finding the link code with in all the rest of the jumble, let me know. You might even try the link code & weather thing before switching templates back and forth, one of those has got to be the culprit.

I'm sure a techy could give much better advice but hopefully this helps.

FishTaxi said...

Thank-you Bossco! I'll give that a try.

Isn't the world on firefox browsers yet? heh