Tuesday, April 11, 2006

First Flowers of Spring


The Crocuses were spotted near the front steps of Pdub today!

It was raining/snowing so they were not blooming but still a sight to behold.

I gave the rose bush a huge drink of food & water. Part of my job this summer will be taking care of the plants. Watering, feeding and deadheading. I'll help with the planting too but the city flower lady will be in charge of that.

It will be fun for me to get paid to play outside in the dirt. First though, I have to make it through Thursday, which is my 6 month review on the job. They've been known to fire janitors at 6 months because after that, since its a union job, it is harder to fire. I'm shooting for a raise and shift differential for working nights.

Then I'm buying a modern home.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I have tulip heads coming up...but I shouldn't jinx things...with all the snow flying around the rest of the state.