Monday, April 03, 2006

Million Dollar Baby


Earlier tonight I went to the store and got my Nenana Ice Classic tickets. While I was there I browsed the movie section. Its been a really long time since I've watched a movie. I hardly ever watch TV either. Mr. FishTaxi loves that as he watches his hunting/fishing shows like they are going out of style.

Well, tonight I'm going to catch up with the rest of the world and watch Million Dollar Baby. I also rented Memoirs of a Geisha and March of the Penguins. They are due back on Thursday so thats one a night.

I'll work on my final Photoshop project during the day before work and the weekends. Its a biggie. A poster, a brochure and a logo all pertaining to one fictional Alaska kids Camp. I have 3 weeks to finish it so I thought a movie break would be the great escape I could use right now.

FBI WARNING: All kids be quiet! Its movie time!

~Later that night...Wow! What a great movie! I give it 3 stars. Warning!! Spoiler!!!

I knew it was going to be about boxing but I didn't expect her to die at the end. I wanted her to win a million bucks and buy that diner.

Bummed me out that Frankie never got an answer from his daughter. Left us hanging. Maybe they'll make a sequel.

His daughter's daughter could show up.

That Catholic priest was funny. Leave it to Hollywood.

Morgan Freeman could recite the phonebook and make it interesting. (Stole that line from David Letterman) I loved the Bleach scene! And when Maggie sees his room she genuinely says its nice. The HBO and holey socks comments were too real. Frankie would give him money for socks and he'd go to the track then when he comes to his room he sees he's got HBO. Maggies trip home was surreal. The welfare plight is way too real. Her mother shoving that pen in her mouth made me gag. I was waiting for Frankie to beat them up.

My dad used to put boxing gloves on us kids in the basement when we were fighting. I had longer arms than any of my siblings. So after I got done winning every bout Dad would put his fingers in the gloves and whomp on me. So I learned from early on theres always somebody with longer arms than you.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You sound like you had a smart father... i may have to get some boxing gloves.