Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Blooming Livingstone Daisies


A month late but I did get them started late this year. I was so happy to see the flourescent colors. More bloomed yesterday. Today they are closed as they only bloom in full sun. Whats cool about Livingstone Daisies, besides the bright colors, is they bloom on sunny days all the way til the snow flies. Speaking of which the fireweed has gone to cotton. While I was busy canning salmon they went to seed. No fireweed honey got made by me this year.
Another half case of Copper River Reds with garlic is in the pressure cooker right now. With the other 1/2 case cut and ready to go in the can, in the reefer, tomorrow. I'll already be up til midnight as it is. And its getting dark now, too.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Cute flowers!!!

Riverbrat said...

Nice picture of the flowers Kath. Wonder if I can grow those here.

FishTaxi said...

You might be able to grow them this winter Mary!