Wednesday, August 01, 2007

FishTaxi's Chili Fries


I made some cheeseburgers with Chili Fries Sunday night. I adapted a recipe I saw on the Food Channel. My client likes to come over to my house in the afternoon and watch her soap opera "The Days of Our Lives" and now I got her hooked on the FC, too. She knits while I do chores. (In the morning I do hers.) Perfect arrangement. She doesn't have cable and its kind of fun to get paid to clean my own house for a change.

FishTaxi's Chili Fries

Quarter up some Yukon Gold Potatoes

Parboil. Drain and cool. In a ziplock bag add enough oil to coat the potaotes. (I used peanut)

Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and Taco Seasoning to the bag with oil and toss in the potatoes. At this point you can let them marinate 10 minutes or overnight.

Bake on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes turning once or twice until golden brown.

No comments: