Thursday, August 23, 2007

Scene on the Dock


Pouring down rain didn't stop these anglers from donning raingear and fishing for silvers. The whole dock is closed off to motorized vehicles and open for fishing. Everybody is parking where the cannery used to be and walking on the dock. I heard lots of laughter in spite of the weather.
Looks like its clearing up this evening, true to the forecast of clear skies, for the next few days.
The Alaska State Fair in Palmer started today. Mr. FishTaxi should have entered his big cucumber.




1 comment:

David Blackburn said...

Hello!

I visited your blog and noted we have a similar interest in canning. I'm starting a blog, but am not ready to bring it online. I thought you'd be interested in our website, CanningUSA.com. We have home canning instruction with a series of six videos to teach each home canning method. We also have a lot of recipes and a full canning supply store.

All my best!

David Blackburn