Saturday, August 18, 2007

Paddleboat Fervor

Borrowed a trailer for the paddleboat and took her down to the city dock for a good cleaning with Simple Green and bleach. Rinsed her off with the hose and look how shiney clean she got.

The car behind me is an old friend with her two teenage grandsons who were visiting from Anchorage. They followed me down to Dock Point where we all helped launch her into the water. The boys had fun fishing on the paddleboat. A local kid friend went with the city boys to show them the ropes and make grandma feel more secure about the whole situation.

While it was blowing pretty good by afternoon in the bay, sending all the small boats back to the harbor, Dock Point was flat calm. No fish were caught but you can't visit Valdez without going out on the water and getting a line wet.




2 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh if I ever get to Valdez, I'll be on the water before I leave...

always enjoy reading here..

:) take care

Anonymous said...

When I came to Valdez and we went out on the water, I remember catching a pretty good buzz. Does that count? Jimmy