Monday, August 20, 2007

Good Riddance Old Fridge


Had a little scare when I brought my client over here today to watch her shows. When I walked in the door I detected a burning smell. Couldn't see any smoke. I immediately called Mr. FishTaxi at work to come home. He found the culprit. The plug to the old fridge was hot to the touch. After he unplugged it we could see where it was melting. The old fridge is now outside and on its way to the dump tomorrow! I've been wanting a new fridge for a long time and I was so glad to see that avacado monster go. I'm even more glad it didn't burn the house down. I've got all the perishables in coolers right now. Mr. FishTaxi bought a new mini fridge (all the store had) that he can use for his beer when we purchase a new apartment size fridge in the near future.
The flower pictures are of my friends I took on this rainy Monday. They sure do brighten up the world. I also checked the fish derby board and nothing had changed.

3 comments:

Trader Rick said...

i HATE AVACADO APPILANCES!!!

MrsM said...

Ha ha, I hate avacado appliances too! We use to have the same only in brown. The fridge and matching oven that came in the shabby 1974 mobile home we bought back in 93. Thankfully someone else bought the entire problem package of the trailer years ago, brown appliances and all. haha

So glad you guys didn't come home to a fire! Almost any excuse to buy an new appliance is always a blessing.

Your friends deck is beautiful with all those flowers. She clearly has more of a green thumb than I.

FishTaxi said...

My friend does have a green thumb and she is known for it. She took an unkept backyard and turned it into an oasis. Lovely place to hang out.

Cost 50 bucks to take the old green monster to the dump. I guess the freon was still intact. That sucker was 30? years old!

Be cool to get a new stainless. The new mini fridge is black and stainless. Sharp looking.

But I'll settle for white. Anything BUT avacado or harvest gold!