Sunday, September 09, 2007

Budding Roses


Took this picture last week before the BIG rains came. Its making up for August being the driest month on record in 30 years. We need this rain to fill up the reservoir so our electric company doesn't have to turn on the diesel generators that will raise our bills by a third. We don't need the rain to raise the Lowe River which as of early this afternoon is a foot from cresting over the Richardson Hwy at 4 mile. No reports from Keystone Canyon which last year flooded into a raging river.
A good weekend to stay put and cook up a big ol' bone-in ham butt, sweet potatoes, beans and cole slaw. Roxy enjoyed the bone!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I hope this is your blog Kath. I lost it and as I leave the internet it appears. Hope the roses bloom before it snows!

It's been raining in the mountains but not here in the valley. The whole southwest is dry.

Dave and Paul...our neighbor...are busy building me a PORCH!

I think it's 12 x 12. It will be like having an new room!!! Every time I look out the window Dave is busy working and Paul is resting. I think he made the steps though. I'm a prisoner in my home right now.