Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sometimes you feel like a nut


Ran into a bunch of bananas that were screaming to be made into bread. One with nuts and one without. The nutty one is the loaf in front that over flowed enough to burst a bit. I don't know how many cups of crushed walnuts I put in there. At least one. The recipe I used was one that called for a cup of sour cream, 3 bananas, and a couple of hours of time on your hands. More if you bake one loaf at a time, whether or not you are using glass pans and your elevation to sea level. See picture.


2 comments:

hangin' Rock said...

OMG!!! Mom those look BEA-utiful!!
Betchya they taste even better...makes me home sick..almost drove home today!! love ya TK

Barb said...

They do look good Kath! I've got my bread machine out and am baking bread about every other day. So good...healthy too.

Got to find a place to buy wheat to grind myself. We have a health food store here but haven't checked it out as yet. Hopefully they can order me some.

Dave bought chickens the other day for 69 cents a #. Got 3 big ones so now it's chicken every day. Put 2 in the neighbors freezer. I do miss my big freezer.

Dave just found his 'lost' phone in his jeans pocket hanging up on the hook in the bedroom. We are wearing long pants occasionally but shorts are still the dress of the day.