Saturday, December 03, 2005

The inside of a fern

I had this pic as my desktop for a while. Its a whacked off top of a huge fern on the Gold Creek Trail. We were bushwacking with a machete back when I had a digital camera. I have a cache hidden out there. Its a mountainside old goat trail that goes all the way to Shoup. 7 and half miles round trip from the trailhead to the bridge. Another 1/2 mile to the beach. If you want to hike all the way to Shoup Glacier on the Gold Creek Trail its a 20 mile round trip. I understand there are Forest Service cabins you can stay in out there reservations only.

The FishTaxi doesn't do reservations.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

that is a cool photo...

I first heard about geo cache-ing on a field trip last year. It sound like a lot of fun. Kind of like a treasure hunt. Someday we will have to give it a try.