Friday, December 02, 2005

Employee of the Month


Thats right, folks. The FishTaxi was voted Employee of the Month for November. I get to work today and I'm doing my normal rountine which is water the plants. Then I clean the bathrooms. I do the womens first and then the mens. I'm standing at my cart when the President of the college comes up and announces the shocking news. He hands me a desk plaque that says "Employee of the Month" and I proudly displayed it on my cart. (I don't have a desk)

The perks are(you guessed it) an "employee of the month" parking spot right out front (which I won't use as I park by the light pole), my name engraved on a plaque on the wall with the other recipients and my picture taken to be displayed for the month.

I took it graciously with a smile and a few barbs. While I was in the maintenance shop the forman told the rest of crew the news and they clapped and one said the customary "speech, speech."

I replied, after gushing, "I am honored to clean your toilets".

Everybody cracked up and went back to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! First it is a major accomplishment to be an "employee" and now this! Wow Fishtaxi. You go girl!

MrsM said...

Congratulations! :)

Heidi said...

You and you being such a new employee...congratulations!!!