Thursday, December 29, 2005

Short Blast

Before you know it another year will have gone by. Reflecting back on 2005.

Collected unenjoyment all winter until Valdez Heli-camp started up in February for spring helicoptor skiing on Thompson Pass. Cooked 2 nights a week, did the dishes/made the lunches 2 nights a week. For a fun group of guides, pilots and clients. We had a blast in the kitchen. Best commercial kitchen set-up in Valdez. Eventually there will be a hotel/restaurant on Thompson Pass. For now everything is transported.

By the end of May I was back working again for Eagles Rest RV Park getting the cabins ready for the summer. Plus cleaning 2 public showers & bathroom facilities. Right before Memorial Day weekend an RV/Camper magazine crew made a surprise visit and did a rating on Park bathrooms. For the first time EVER Eagles Rest RV Park scored a 10! The saddest part is only 4 Parks in the US had that high of a rating in 2005.

They were even sadder when I quit. My future mother-in-law was coming to visit in July and my husband-to-be asked me to stay home and get ready. We were busy up until the day she got here. I was so glad to meet her in person. Never had to do any dishes when she was here!

In August, I got married to her son whom I'd been with for over 15 years. It was painless and I am now happily married. Nothings changed!

Went job hunting in September, with no results, so I went moose hunting. Then up to Fairbanks (North to Alaska) for my nephews wedding, back down to moose camp with one of my sisters and showed her my favorite spot on earth.

And lastly for the year 2005, career wise, I'm back to cleaning toilets. Money wise that is good and I like having a year around job with bennies.

Lots of good things came about in 2005 for the FishTaxi.

Best part is I started a blog and people are reading. Long lost friends and family! With them aboard I am looking forward to 2006 with a lighter heart. Also making new blogger friends which is really cool.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Namaste sweet sister.
I love you.
Sistah Sue