Friday, February 10, 2006

I've been tagged by Heidi!

My first time! Now I feel I have arrived in the blogging world. When I first started reading blogs I googled Alaska Blogs and found Bossco's. She's from a big Alaskan family and reading her blog I got to know them. Her husband PrudhoeMan takes awesome pictures of the North Slope. Princess Sarah just moved to Houston, Alaska and Klondike Kate to Texas. Heidi is a Girl Scout leader and I just figured out JD Plumber is her husband.

My family doesn't blog, yet. When I saw them in Frbks last fall for the wedding I mentioned a family blog to them. We are all spread out and that would be a great way to keep up with everybody. I need to get on it!

Okay here goes. I'm going to do it the way it was sent to Valatte by Hydrogen Guy.

Four jobs I've had:

1. Boxgirl at Safeway then went on to Checker. I was the second boxgirl Safeway ever hired. This was in 1970. They wanted me to wear a skirt and I refused. They said okay but no jeans. After working there all through high school, I turned 18, and they sent me to Checkers School. I quit on a busy Saturday and they told me "I could never work for Safeway again!"

2. Fiberglass Fabricator for the Boeing Company. The only men in the dept were supervisors. They said "men itch from fiberglass." And women don't? Then I did an unheard of transfer from A3450 to R6575 which was maintenance plumber. Instant raise. After a few years I had an "I quit Boeing Sale" and moved to Alaska.

3. King Crab line at the Star of Kodiak.

4. Parks & Recreation in Anchorage. What a fun, good paying job that was. You got your birthday off paid! I was permanent seasonal and my birthday is in the summer. That was Local 71 when Al Baffone was the head of Local 71. He made the city pay benefits to part-time/seasonal employees.

Four movies I can watch repeatedly:

1. Fried Green Tomatoes

2. South Pacific

3. Overboard

4. Outlaw Josey Wales

Four TV shows I love:

1. China Beach

2. Ted or Alive

3. The Carol Burnet Show

4. David Letterman

Four places I've vacationed:

1. Garmish, Germany

2. Reno, Nevada (my 21st birthday)

3. Winnamucca, Nevada

4. 4 months on Maui


Four of my favorite foods:

1. Red Ripe Tomatoes

2. Cod Fish

3. Beer

4. Sandwiches

Four places I'd rather be:

1. Moose camp.

2. Lake Louise

3. Fishing in Hawaii

4. On top of spagetti covered with cheese

Four groups or albums I usually can't be without:

1. Hoyt Axton

2. Herman Hermits

3. 4 non blondes

4. Old Dogs

Four vehicles I've owned:

1. 1966 Plymouth Valiant 2 door slant six with a 3 speed on the column. Shag carpet with a AM radio. Took my first drivers test in that thing. Figured after that I could drive anything.

2. 1971 Volkswagon convertabal. It was VW red which could look orange or red depending on the eyes of the beholder.

3. 1971 Volkswagon Camper. Sold the ragtop and bought the bus and drove it to Alaska.

4. 1990 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 White with a Brahma canopy & a modified 6" lift. 6 banger/5 speed tranny. 140,000 miles. And I can't forget the anti-spray devices.

I also have a 1969 bug in my backyard that I hold the title to and have the key.

Four sites I visit daily:

1. Alaska State Trooper Report

2. Anchorage Craigslist

3. Whole Wheat Radio

4. My Horoscope

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Cod??? Girl you in live in Alaska whats up with that? There is much better thing in the sea. :)

I loved Herman and the Hermits...i used to borrow my dad's record and listen to it over and over...

FishTaxi said...

Lately I've been craving black cod for some reason.

Plus when you said on your meme that you detested fish I wanted to get you riled up. :)

Check out the Herman Hermits again!

Newman said...

China Beach! Fish Taxi you rule!