Friday, February 03, 2006

Nanooks best #1 ranked Ohio Redhawks


What a game tonight! Final score was 4-3. Here's an excerpt of the last minutes of the game:

Facing only its second home-loss of the season in front of a sold-out Goggin crowd, the RedHawks gave it all they had to catch the Nanooks for a second time. Miami pulled Effinger with 59 seconds to go in the contest in favor of the extra attacker and earned a two-man advantage 12 seconds later when defenseman Jordan Hendry (Nokomis, SK/Battlefords-SJHL) was penalized for cross-checking. The seconds couldn’t dwindle fast enough for UAF as Miami continued to move the puck trying to find an opening. Jones finally got a clear shot off with 3.8 seconds on the clock, but Rogers came up big with a glove-save to force one more faceoff, and preserve the win.Rogers had a season-high 41-saves performance as the Nanooks got their third victory of the season over a nationally ranked #1 team.

WOW!

Game started at 3:35pm Alaska time while I was at work. We have GCI cable and the big screen set-up. I really was hoping this game would be televised on GCI cable statewide. Turned out they showed the UAA - St. Cloud hockey game instead. So I set the IT guy up to listen to it on KSUA Fairbanks on the internet and he gave me updates. 3-0 (Nanooks lead), 3-1, 3-2, and by the time I left for lunch at 5 it was a new game at 3-3 in the middle of the third period. Tuned it at home and told myself I might be taking a longer lunch. I was glued to the radio and got to hear NANOOKS WIN!

No comments: