Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cache On!


Mr. FishTaxi took off this morning up the road to hit his fishing holes for his days off. I stayed in town to check on my geocaches. Hiked out to Bear Bread Stump cache http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=bb49d7b2-8cb7-478d-a059-b11f6583fcf3 today. The cache was in good shape after the long winter and is ready for visitors. I was sad to see the eagle's nest dormant this year but they will come back. There is a new ravens nest in the tree above the cache. You can check out the picture at the site.

Tomorrow we are heading out to Gold Creek Treasure http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=9daf606a-ac81-48c2-a902-a6746e33785e. Its a 3 and half mile hike out there so I lined up a Zodiak ride to the beach. From there the cache is about a half a mile to the bridge. Paying for gas and bringing a picnic lunch. Just so I don't have to hike out there! I want to make sure its there before some cacher hikes 7 miles round trip along a mountain side trail, crossing 3 waterfalls and a couple of avalanche shutes, to find nothing but blueberries & bugs. If it isn't there I will archive it and hide another cache this summer somewhere else out there. (The tree roots could be swallowing it)

I hope I can find the treasure since I hid it!

No comments: