Sunday, May 14, 2006

Golden Eagle



On the way to Anchorage we spotted a Golden Eagle sitting in the bushes on Thompson Pass. This is only the second Golden Eagle I've seen in over 25 years in Alaska. It was my rides first spotting and he took lots of pics with his 35m with a powerful zoom lens.

The picture on the right gives you an idea of the Golden Eagle's view from up there.

The trip was short & sweet. Picked up the Mitsu Sat night about 6pm. Its summer in Anchorage and driving to my sister's house, I accidently turned the windshield wipers on, and couldn't figure out how to turn them off! Sunny day and I'm driving with my windshield wipers flapping.

We just hung out at my friends house Sat night and played 10,000. That was fun and relaxing but we stayed up pretty late and slept in today. So, we never made it to Bingo. It was another sunny beautiful day in Anchorage and I hated to leave. Left my sister-in-laws house in Palmer (with fresh eggs!) at 7pm and got home right before midnight.

The Mitsu runs and rides like a dream. (Once my friend showed me how to turn the wipers off:) Good thing the wipers work because it was snowing on Thompson Pass and raining in Valdez.

It was well worth the weekend Los Anchorage turn around.

I'll post pics tomorrow night with Roxy in the back seat! And Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am glad you enjoyed our tropical weather here in LA... but Did you take it with you? Cause yesterday it disappered.