Monday, May 15, 2006

A Steal of a Deal

If you look close Roxy is in the back seat. The back windows don't roll down (electric) but I will get that fixed along with the gas cap that doesn't close. Other than that everything else works. I showed it to my daughters friend in Anch who has a used car lot and she said "a steal of a deal!"

The reason I got it so cheap ($1000) is the tags expired and it won't pass Anchorage IM requirements. In Valdez, we don't have emmission testing to renew or register our vehicles. Took it in and got "Mitsi" new tags today. I'm switching my Alaska Veteran plates from the Chevy over to the Mitsubishi Montero since that is what I'm driving now. Roxy loves riding in it and going places with me. She jumps in & out fine at home but won't jump out anywhere else. We will work on that. I can't take her home every couple of hours to pee!

The gal I got Mitsi from was really cute & nice. I said "Craigslist rocks" and she said "yah, I've got jobs, places to live, cars and boyfriends off of Craigslist!" She came up from California a year ago with her then boyfriend. He left, but she wanted to stay, so she did. She bought a new pretty green Subaru and posted the Mitsubishi on Craigslist. What a gal!

2 comments:

MrsM said...

Wow, the "mitsi" looks sharp and I love the color. Whatcha gonna do with the chevy?

FishTaxi said...

We're keeping the Chevy as we are now a 2 vehicle family.

Mr. Fishtaxi said last night we'll see how good a deal it is when it breaks down and I have to work on it.

He doesn't mind working on Chevys for some reason.

I love the color too!