Monday, May 08, 2006

Pussywillows




Happy Monday! Now that its over.

Took these pictures last night when Roxy and I went on our nightly walk down to the river. She pulls me on the leash (which I really like) on the road. Then at the river, right now snow edge, the leash comes off.

On the way to the bridge a couple teenagers in a zippy car with spoilers and lights were heading down our dead end road at a steady clip.

At the river, Roxy, is running and playing in the snow. (I'm getting a frisbee to see if she's like that.) I hear a vehicle coming across the bridge and its Valdez finest. They head down our dead end road also. After a bit I hook the leash back up to Roxy and head back up to the road. Sure enough, the black suburban that stops at the stop sign, returning from our dead end road, has THE DOG in the back seat, with the window rolled down. Its a black lab and when he sees Roxy he starts barking "hey baby! wanna ride?"

Course Roxy barks back "get a real job and I'll think about it."

The teenagers pulled out from behind a shed two minutes behind them.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Roxy looks goastly. Valdez finest.... I thought you were talking about a police officer "Valdez Finest"... not the cartell. Nice spin!!

FishTaxi said...

Valdez finest... is the cops and THE DOG is the dope dog:)

Roxy won't stand still for a picture outside. I kept snapping pictures and those two were the only ones that turned halfway out. I thought ghost dog and moonwalking, too!

Heidi said...

OH....silly me... Your have "undercover cops" down there in that small ol' fishing village? Black suburbans....even a dope dog...now thats big city!

FishTaxi said...

We have 12+ cops in a town of 4500. THey mostly chase kids and dogs.

Heidi said...

LOL ...sound like homer.

Stan Harrington said...

Does sound a lot like Homer, but Heidi did you know that there is cop in Homer by the name of "Homer Finest" We don't have nay police in AP, but I drive around occasionally late at night in my black Ford F150 with my dope sniffing drug, but the dope has to be inthe shape of a dog biscuit for him to notice it. Is has been a lot of years since I have been to Valdez! I was there once for a wrestling tournament, it looks like you still have the same snow. I have never seen anyplace that gets as much snow as Valdez. Your pictures looked gerat, I thought perhaps youhad a special lens on to get that effect. My first visit to your site and guess what I discovered as I started to post, just to keep a traditon going. I would like to wish you a very mcdhzugz day!

FishTaxi said...

I am honored to have you visit my site Stan! The Grand Poobah of Blogging!

I couldn't tell you how I got that ghost effect. I just have a point & shoot Nikon. Roxy does look and act a lot like my old dog Rockett though, like not standing still for outdoor pictures.