Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Gainfully Employed!

Yippie! I got the job! Got hired over the phone when I called on it today. I'll be working at a real Alaskan Roadhouse up north off the Denali Highway. Roxy is welcome to come with me! The owner lady was real nice and she won't be dissappointed for hiring me. I've worked at lodges before and know all the work involved. I'll be helping in the kitchen as well as cleaning cabins. She didn't have a lot of time to talk to me about the job today but said "yes you are hired. Get here as fast as you can."

I met Mr. FishTaxi at the Club after work and told him the good news. He took me out for a steak dinner where our daughter works. He's looking forward to moose hunting season and will be up in the area where I'll be so he can come and see me. Its all good.

They will give me room and board which is a cabin and family style eating. Salary wasn't discussed yet but its probably the going rate starting and go up from there. I don't care as long as I get 5 weeks pay that is as much or more of my weekly unemployment benefit amount I can collect once I get laid off at the end of the season. That will get through the winter.

Its going to be so beautiful where I'm going with the fall colors. Of course I'll be bringing my camera and computer. I've been to the lodge before and am looking forward to working there. I can handle six weeks anywhere! woohoot!

I'm going to get packed up and leave Wed night. Theres a couple loose ends I want to take care of tomorrow which I'll blog about before I tear down my computer.

I'm so happy to be going on an great Alaskan adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations FishTaxi! Sounds great!
Love,
Sistah Sue