Saturday, August 12, 2006

Green Beans

When I was in Fairbanks I helped my sister pickle fresh green beans she picked up in Washington when they went down for the Tom Petty concert (Stevie Nicks made a surprise appearance!) She gave me a couple of jars and I'm thinking about entering them in the Kenny Lake Fair. Just kidding! I'm thinking about driving up to the fair. My other sister's campsite is right next to the fairgrounds.

Getting out of town and up the road should get me out of my funk. Getting some reds to can would be a bonus!

Have a great weekend! ~FishTaxi out and about

Edited to add that my friend came for an unexpected visit which is probably the reason I've been feeling depressed lately. You'd think by 51 I'd be over this but noooo. So I'm staying home except for walking Roxy. Nik, if you read this call me.

3 comments:

MrsM said...

Wow, that is a lot of beans! Someone gave me a pickled greenbean in a bloody mary ages ago, it made the drink so much better I ended up eating a hole jar of them. Pretty sure they were pickled anyway - kinda a fuzzy memory.

Hope you end up feeling better soon Kathy, the state fair sure helps that! If it works out maybe we could meet up and have pizza-on-a-stick in passing or something, if not have a great time.
:)

FishTaxi said...

Thanks Kiana, I would love that!

Niki Raapana said...

Hey Kath, the phone's back on here and they have dialup too! talk to ya soon. hugs