Tuesday, October 03, 2006

One of Those Days



Started out the day almost blowing myself up. When I cleaned my stovetop last night I accidently left a burner slightly on. When I lit it up to boil water for coffee...KABOOM! I'm okay. Just scared the crap out of me and woke everybody up.

Then later on I was rearranging the bottom of the fridge and spilt Mr. Yoshida's Marinade & Cooking Sauce all over the floor. Sticky icky mess to clean that all up. Got that done and the phone rang.

When I applied for unemployment I had to post a resume on-line with Alaska Job Service. Theres an ATIA (Alaska Travel Industry Association) Convention coming to town and all the hotels are screaming for housekeepers, the Civic Center needs janitors and set-up workers, and the restaurants need cooks and servers immediately! THe Convention itself is Oct. 9-12 but they want to train workers starting right away.

Now I have my choice of where I want to work. I'm thinking food service for a change of pace. And I better get laid off when its over!

One of those days that I should have stayed in bed.

No comments: