Sunday, December 10, 2006

How I spent my time in Sacramento

The Greyhound bus station in Sacramento was just a few blocks over from Capitol Drive. How lucky can a girl get with 3 hours to kill.
The FishTaxi looking for Arnold. The front lawn is sectioned off because of a crime scene. Err, they were using that crane to decorate the Capitol Christmas tree.
View of the Tower Bridge from the Capitol. It looked a long ways off but it was only about 15 blocks.
View of the Capitol from the Tower Bridge intersection. It was starting to get dark fast so I hung with this group of people until it was time to get back to the bus station. We went to Joe's CrabShack.
The Tower Bridge. Its is more yellow than it appears in this picture.
Info on The Tower Bridge.
Beautiful sunset then boom. It was dark.
Now I can say I've been to the Capitol of California with pictures to prove it. I have been to Alaska's Capitol Juneau briefly, in the middle of the night, on the ferry. So I don't really count it.

2 comments:

Niki Raapana said...

Dang Kath, Curt up in chico would have loved to come down and meet you. I went there a few times on my way to school down there, only time I hung out was for julie's 21st b-day when we took her to a makle strip joint. Looks like they really cleaned the town up.

FishTaxi said...

I felt pretty safe until it got dark. Then I hightailed it back to the bus station.