Monday, December 04, 2006

Where were you in ' 62?

The man responsible for such greats such as the Star Wars and the Indiana Jones legacies also made one of the coolest movies about cruising of all time. The movie? American Graffiti! The tag line was "Where were you in '62?" and George Lucas was in Modesto, California, at that time.
Here in George Lucas Plaza stands a bronze statue of two teenagers leaning against the fender of a '57 Chevy. If you have never seen the movie, and you like classic cars, look it up. American Grafitti is one of my fave movies of all time. I saw it at least a dozen times in the movie theatre. Played the album hundreds of times!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember going to see another movie and there was a " Sneak Preview" first, and it was American Graffiti. Still one of the best movies I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I believe it was my sisters that took me to that movie!

Niki Raapana said...

Yeah, downtown by the sharaton, and we went in some gals car. They were only gonna show us ten minutes of AG and the whole theatre screamed until they turned it back on! The other movie we were supposed to see was "let the good times roll"

My favorite line? "I really had a good time."

FishTaxi said...

Thats right Niki and Jimmy! I sat through that first time viewing thinking they were going to stop it any minute. Had to go back again and again!

My favorite line? "Your car is uglier than I am!"

Anonymous said...

My favorite line, " Well thats almost a motorcycle, and I just love motorcycles".

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was a fun night,and a great movie. Thanks.
my favorite line, "Peel Out, I just love it when guys Peel Out"