Monday, January 23, 2006

Eyes in the back of my head

Tonight was my first PhotoShop class. Its filled up with 15 people and I got there a few minutes late so I got the last computer. It faces with my back to the teacher and sideways to the Big Screen. Why I didn't go earlier and grab a good seat I do not know. Oh yah, I was working. Had my usual 2 sled loads of trash to take to the dumpster. Took me a little longer than I thought and I was only a couple minutes late. Next week I'll get the trash out to the dumpster before lunch. I was starving after 6 hrs work with no food since breakfast and was looking forward to leftover London Broil, french frys and fresh green beans.

In class I kept having to turn around and put my glasses on to see the board then taking them off to see my screen. So I missed a lot of stuff! There are some advanced students in there and they went fast. Luckily, the little college gal next to me helped me when I got behind. Very frustrating.

We did Lesson 1 & 2. Its a really neat program. PhotoShop is all about looking at colors mathematicly. And having a knack for graphic art and what pleases the eye. We'll be making flyers, postcards, brochures and posters. Our final will be either a group, partner or individual project. No plaguerism is allowed and will be brought to the Dean of Students attention if we can't say how we did it in Photoshop.

I'm a copycat and always have been. I don't have an artistic bone in my body. My retention level is below average. Glad I don't need the credits and just want to learn the program.

I snapped a few pics on my new digital camera. This is not one of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

te he little college gal. you're sweet haha