Friday, January 13, 2006

Faster than lightening


When I had no sign of the telephone man by 1:15pm I called the phone company. Sure enough he couldn't find my house and they were calling the wrong number. Thats right. My telephone company was calling the wrong number because they have it listed in the phone book wrong and have for 4 years!

When I went dial-up 4 years ago, on my "had for years number" we got another line put in with a new number. Every year since, the telephone book has my new number listed as the modem line below my old number which was the line a phone wasn't even plugged into. Even if I wasn't on-line that phone could ring and I wouldn't know it.

I missed a lot of phone calls. Every year I would let the phone company know the numbers were listed wrong and they never fixed it. Because of this I was a little leary of going DSL with them. So when the telephone man didn't show up I knew they were calling the wrong number. Glad I didn't sit around and wait. They thought I wasn't home.

Everythings cool now. Took 10 minutes and I was back on-line. Faster than Lightening!

No comments: